Wednesday, March 08, 2006




How the hell do you explain to Cambodian what a Scientist is?

This was the problem i was posed with when i tried my hand at English teaching for the first time. In the end i think we got their, and after that it was allll smooth sailing. Words like walk are a lot easy to act out! Suprisingly they all know the word WINE quite well! Shouting out 'pissed' to show me there extensive knowledge of the subject! All in all was great fun and we went back and taught a few more times! Even on our last day we found it hard to leave especially with them all asking if they will see us tomorrow! A really great experiance and definatley a cherished memory of the country! oh yea that and the 1m high class room they gave me to teach in!

1 comment:

trashbags said...

OH MY GOD A BLOG FROM WHITNALL!!!

I nearly fell off my seat!

Nice one piss - keep 'em coming!

Trashbag Tim ;o)